Saturday, December 17, 2011

Haul and Review: Bath and Body Works, Skin Food, Victoria's Secret, Revlon

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoy this post

Revlon Colorburts Lipstick in Soft Nude


I haven’t found my Holy Grail nude lipstick, so I try this one. The quilted packaging reminds me of the uber popular Chanel 2.55 purse. The top lid shows you exactly the lipstick color inside, I love it. This color looks very pretty in the tube, a neutral peachy nude, but on me, I don’t know… sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it just makes my face kinda ‘green’ and somewhat ‘unhealthy’. Maybe this is not a right nude color for me. Most of the time I pair it with NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in ‘Natural’. I think the combination looks great on my skin tone. I’m continuing my search to find the perfect nude lipstick. If you have any recommendation please tell me on the comment below

Victoria’s Secret ‘Love Spell’ Fragrance Mist


Notes: Chamomile, aloe, cherry blossom, peach

The all time best selling smell from Victoria’s Secret! I purchased this product without smelling it, Adriana Lima did a great job selling this to me through one commercial video. Let me tell you, I don’t love it but I don’t hate it either. It smells fruity to me. I can smell the peach and somewhat I sense an orange too. Juicy, flirty, playful, very ‘teenage’ like because I can’t imagine older women wear it. The first spray is a little bit strong and harsh but the alcohol settles down quickly. Somewhat this product reminds me of car freshener, if you are planning to purchase this particular scent, don’t forget to smell it first.

Sillage: weak to medium, I find Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction Refreshing Body Mist (the old packaging) is much stronger. I spray the Pure Seduction and my entire bed room smells like it.
Longevity: poor. After all you can’t expect a long lasting scent from a body spray. 


Skin Food Gold Apple Hand Balm


This stuff smells amazing, a light, true scent of green apple, the texture is creamy, not to thick not too thin. It does the job moisturized my dry hand, after a few second it absorbs into my skin and leaves a soft smooth feeling! Awesome! I recommend this to everyone!

Bath and Body Works ‘Warm Vanilla Sugar’



Middle Notes: coconut, vanilla, rice
Base Notes:  sandalwood, musk, vanilla, heliotrope

This one is probably my favorite Bath and Body Works scent so far. It smells exactly like vanilla and sugar, a light sweet vanilla with a sugar sprinkled on top. Very yummy, not offensive, not too powdery, and not too sweet. It just right. Usually wearing heavy vanilla scent on hot day can be unbearable (especially with The Body Shop Vanilla EDT and Burberry ‘Brit’ EDT) but I don’t have any problem with Warm Vanilla Sugar on a hot day. Try it! I think most people would love it!

Sillage: Poor
Longevity: Poor. Again…well this is body spray. I f you want long lasting fragrance, go buy Eau de Parfum or Parfum instead. Even most Eau de Toilettes don’t last long nowadays. For this particular scent I find it last longer when you spray it on clothes. Maybe I should buy the matching lotion to make this scent stays on longer. 


Bath and Body Works ‘Country Chic’



Top Notes: grapefruit, pear, green notes, tagetes, amalfi lemon
Middle Notes: jasmine, African orange flower, gardenia, lily, raspberry
Base Notes: musk, patchouli, Virginia chedar, amber, peach, orchid, praline

Another blind purchase, this one smells exactly like Oriflame ‘Miss O Fashion Princess’ ( the blue bottle on the left with blue atomizer) fruity floral, not too strong, not too sweet, not too sour, not overly flowery, the difference is, Country Chic is lighter. Both Country Chic and Miss O Pashion Princess smell good, I can see this two fragrances loved by so many people, I do want to like this, but I don’t know! There is something about this two that give me a slight headache, I don’t know what, I just recommend you to smell it first before you buy it.

Sillage: Poor
Longevity: Poor


Bath and Body Works ‘Paris Amour’



Top Notes: Mandarin orange, strawberry, cassis, apple blossom, freesia
Middle Notes: Jasmine, lotus, peach, frangipani, pink tulip
Base Notes: Musk, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, coconut

I didn’t buy this one. My friend Novi did (blind purchase too) but she let me to review this product for you. Novi and me will swap a small amount of our Bath and Body Works. She can get my ‘Warm Vanilla Sugar’  and ‘Country Chic’, I get her  ‘Paris Amour’. Fair enough! swapping is a great way to try new product when you aren’t sure whether you will like it or no. We have the chance to try it to think about it before we decide to buy it.  For me Paris Amour smells wonderful! Light but sweet. The first thing I notice when I spray is strawberry, then it develops to a sweet yummy smell, like frosting! Yes frosting! Totally will purchase my own someday, plus look at the bottle! It just looks very cute on my table

Sillage: poor. The funny thing is, I use like one spray on my shirt, after a while, I decided to play with both of my dogs. They licked my shirt like crazy! Maybe they want strawberry and frosting? So cute
Longevity: poor

So do you have any question about these products? Don’t hesitate to ask me on the comment section below. Have a nice day all!


PS: English is my second language, don’t hesitate to correct my English, comment, email , or tweet me @melisaberry I’m willing to learn.