Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Best and Worst Dressed at People's Choice Awards 2012

Best Dressed

Kaley Cuoco in Badgley Mischka
I love this dress on her. It hugs her curves in the right places. The champagne color looks beautiful, the flower detailing gives a romantic texture, the relax hair and natural makeup complete the look. I also think this dress will look stunning with a romantic updo, but anyway she looks great! Thumbs up!


Emma Stone in Gucci
My favorite look of the night! Emma Stone is a breath of a fresh air. Completely different from other celebrities, different from her other red carpet appearances. The emerald color men inspired suit looks really good on her. The pants fit her beautifully, the little details like the gold chain on the suit and the gold buttons on the pants really pull the look together, In love with this look!

Ginnifer Goodwin in Roksanda Ilincic
This is the case when such a unique simple dress gives a maximum effect. I love the color, I think it just fun and fresh. Combine it with a pair of black sheer, embellished booties and a bold, black leather trapeze envelope clutch, the whole look is  just stand out from the crowd. 

Miley Cyrus in David Koma
Miley looks good! When I think of Miley, I think of long bohemian dresses on the red carpet but this time she chooses something more simple, clean cut, and sexy. This look works for her.


Demi Lovato in Marchesa
Some people said they don’t like this dress on Demi, it looks tacky, too revealing, and the complain goes on and on. But I like it. I think the apricot color is gorgeous and she looks confident in that dress. I love her for that.

Lea Michelle in Marchesa
Lea Michelle is the girl that would wear something unexpected on the red carpet. This dress is no exception. The 20's inspired fringe dress looks flirty and fun. The straight hair and bright bubble gum lipstick pull together the whole look. I love it.


Julianne Hough
Julianne looks stunning! the tousled hair, the makeup, and the dress are wonderful. From the front, this shimmering dress looks demure and classy. From the back it just looks so sexy. Again one of the best looks of the night.

Faith Hill
Safe choice, a little bit boring but I like it. It looks classy. I just think that you don’t have to wear such an over the top dress to be beautiful.

Worst Dressed

Kelly Osbourne
That looks like something Kate Bosworth would wear and pull off but I don’t think it looks good on Kelly plus I don’t like that gray tone granny hair. Period.

Lucy Hale in Cengiz Abazoglu
Lucy Hale is a beautiful girl, but this dress is just tacky and ugly. Cut out here and there, throw a black sheet on the side. I just don’t like this

Ashley Greene in DKNY
This is just wrong. Lace and leather sound sexy right? But this dress is failed to deliver. It just doesn’t suit her body type.

Jennifer Lawrence in Viktor and Rolf
Ummm…I hate the mesh, I hate the blue waves…I hate this dress


 Undecided

Kristen Bell in Valentino
It looks girly and cute. I’m not sure about the red leather skirt, I think it would just be beautiful with the same tulle and lace like the top part.

Vanessa Hudgens in Jenny Packham
Art Deco dress from Jenny Packham. I love the dress itself, but I think Vanessa didn’t pull off this dress. I don’t know, there is something off about this look. I imagine this dress will look fabulous on someone like Penelope Cruz.

Nina Dobrev in Elie Saab
Don’t get me wrong, I love Nina Dobrev, I think she’s one of the most beautiful young actress in Hollywood. But I just don’t think this is her best look. I love the nude Lauren Merkin clutch but I hate the nude Elie Saab strappy pumps. The weird thing is I don't have a strong opinion about this dress. Believe it or not, I love and hate this dress at the same time. Is that possible?Maybe it would look better on Blake Lively?

Alyson Hannigan in Alice and Olivia
I love this 20’s flapper inspired dress. I just think she is missing something. It feels…undone. Maybe red lipstick, finger wave hair, and long pearl necklaces would do better.

Jane Levy
I love this look. I just think this is not the appropriate dress for red carpet. It looks like something Nicole Richie would wear for running errands.

Chloe Moretz in Proenza Schouler
Age appropriate but I don’t think this dress give enough statement on the red carpet. Somehow she looks frumpy. She can do better than this.

So what do you think? Who is your favorite? Who is your least favorite? Do you agree with me? Or disagree? Tell me on the comment section below J

PS: English is my second language. Don’t hesitate to correct my grammar I’m willing to learn. Tell me on the comment below, email me, or tweet me @melisaberry

Pictures courtesy of: