Friday, June 15, 2012

Haul + Review: L'oreal, EOS, Eco Tools, The Body Shop



L’oreal Youth Code Pre-Essence

From the advertising:

Give your day cream a hydrating boost with Youth Code Serum. Youthfulness, skin that look younger, smoother & brighter.
Advanced Pro-Gen™ Technology boosts the skin’s recovery power, restoring skin’s youth. The light texture penetrates deep into the skin to dramatically improve skin quality and amplify the effect of any skincare used on top. Youth Code is suitable for all skin types and any age.
In 1 drop: More Radiant
In 1 week: More Refined
In 1 month: Rejuvenated Skin

Sounds seductive and promising right? I hope I find miracle in the bottle but unfortunately this not it. I have used it for about 2-3 weeks now and I don’t see any improvement on my skin. It just a decent moisturizer.

Texture? Watery and runny, absorbs easily into my skin without leaving oily feeling. Smells nice, a light clean, and fresh floral scent, however I prefer no fragrance at all in my facial skin care. Packaging? I love the luxurious thick glass bottle but the ‘long pipe’ is hard to use. It turns messy every time I dip the pipe back into the bottle.

Price?  Rp 250.000,- but I get it for free. If I use my own money I expect a better product. I just get a standard serum that contains these ingredients: water binding agents, peptides, cell-communicating ingredients, antioxidants etc. These are all good. However the 4th ingredient is alcohol - which could be irritating and isn't good for any skin type. If they had left out the alcohol, this would have been a better product.

Will it permanently affect wrinkles in a positive way? I don’t think so. It just going to smooth the skin.  Just like any other regular moisturizer.

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter

From The Body Shop website:

"This decadently chocolatey Body Butter gives extra long-lasting hydration. It contains 13 Community Fair Trade ingredients - the most we've ever put into one product. It leaves skin sweetly scented, and feeling softer and smoother.
Wear it, love it, but don't eat it."

I love The Body Shop body butters. When I saw the Chocomania range on their store, of course the body butter is the first product from Chocomania range that I tried. I just want to tell you that I immediately falling in love with this product! It smells delicious! A mouthwatering dark chocolate and a little bit ‘nutty’.
Texture? Some other body butters are stickier (Shea & Cocoa) some others are lighter (Sweet Lemon & Olive) to me Chocomania is just in the middle of that. Moisturizing without greasy feeling. Does anybody know is it limited edition or not? I hope The Body Shop will make this line permanent in their collection because I just love it so much.

Price: Rp 189.000,-

EOS Lip Balm 'Honeysuckle Honeydew'

From EOS website:

Can a lip balm make you smile? We think so. That’s why we invented this one.
Long-lasting moisture. Shea butter & vitamin E. Smoothes on clear. New smooth sphere precisely glides on to lips. Twist-off top. Gluten-free. Paraben-free. Petrolatum-free. Phthalate-free
eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.
directions

Twist off top. Pucker up. Smooth on. Smile.

I got this little ‘ball balm’ form indomakeup.com this is my second EOS lip balm that I have ever tried. Honeysuckle Honeydew smells just like honeydew, it moisturized, and leaves a sweet taste that I like.  Be careful, the packaging tends to get dirty easily but I will definitely try another flavor after I finish this one.

Price: Rp 68.000,-

Ecotools Bamboo 5 Pieces Brush Set

The Advertising says:

• 4 high-quality brushes inside a natural cotton & hemp linen bag
• Soft, cruelty-free bristles
• Natural & recycled materials
This earth-friendly brush set is packed with the 4 high-quality brushes you need to look beautiful. And, it shows respect for the planet:
• Bamboo handle has a low impact on the earth’s resources as it is a highly sustainable plant.
• Synthetic taklon bristles are 100% cruelty free.
• Sleek ferrule is made from recycled aluminum.
• Cosmetic case is made from natural cotton and hemp

HOW TO USE:

Mineral Powder Brush
• Apply powder or mineral foundation all over face in a circular, buffing motion and work inward towards nose.

Concealer Brush
• Use with liquid or mineral powder concealer for more coverage on blemishes and under eyes.

Eye Shading Brush
• Expertly cut to apply and blend powder eye shadows.

Baby Kabuki
• Buff powder over areas that need more coverage.

Just like the EOS lip balm I got this brush set from indomakeup.com. My favorite thing from the set is the powder brush, I use it for applying blush. It soft but packed the pigment nicely. The baby kabuki is also good for applying powder, both compact of loose.
The concealer brush doesn’t work for me to apply concealer, so I use it for applying eye shadow. The eye shading brush is a little bit too big for my eyes shape, so I use it to contour my nose and my cheek.
Overall I really like this brush set. Good quality and small enough to carry around.

Price: Rp 168.000,-

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Rp 89.000,-

From The Body Shop website:

“A natural, targeted solution to help clear blemishes quickly and effectly without over drying the skin. Also helps to soothe blemished skin.”

When I bought this product, I have a hard time figured out how to open the cap. But now I finally master the art of opening this tea tree oil. Just like the description on top I use it on my blemishes, it helps but it just takes time for this oil to dry up the acne. I haven’t found the acne medication that works well on me. Do you have any suggestion? Please tell me on the comment below.