Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review+Swatches: Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Lollipop’ and Scented Nail Polishes

Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Lollipop’

Finally Revlon lip butter available in Indonesia, I wait to have this product for months! So many beauty gurus on Youtube rave about it and so many beauty bloggers in love with it. So absolutely I want to try it.

With so many colors to choose from, more than 15 I believe. I couldn’t decide what color I want, but after I saw  Emma Stone Golden Globe 2012 makeup breakdown on some websites, I finally decided that I want the ‘lollipop’ one. Yep, they say that ‘lollipop’ was the color that Emma wore on Golden Globe. Check out the rest of her makeup here:


Emma Stone wore 'lollipop'

After I tried it, I came to conclusion that ‘lollipop’ is not similar with the one that Emma wore. It is much darker in real life. Either all the camera flashes really washed her out, she applied it very veerrrryyyy sparingly, or she ate all her lipstick on her way to red carpet, LOL!!!

But nonetheless, ‘lollipop’ is still a very pretty color. Dark pink with purple undertone. In my opinion, If you like to apply lipstick over and over again on your lips, then ‘lollipop’ is going to look very ‘strong’ and ‘too much’ for everyday wear (if you confident with bright lip then absolutely go for it ;D ). For a person who wants to be more subtle on daily basis, try to pat ‘lollipop’ gently on your lip or go for lighter color lip butter instead.


With flash

Pros:
-I’m not the biggest fan of shimmery lipstick. ‘Lollipop’ is not too shimmery, not completely creamy finish. In my opinion the shimmer in ‘lollipop’ is understated. Just perfect.
-For lip butter ‘Lollipop’ has such great pigmentation. Pigmentation is different from one lip butter to another, some of them are opaque, some of them are sheer. I suggest you swatch them first to see how pigmented it is.
-Cute packaging. The quilted texture reminds me of Chanel 2.55 bag :D
-For some people who hate their lip product scented, then Revlon lip butter is perfect. It doesn’t smell like anything for me. I notice only a very faint scent of shea butter on my ‘lollipop’.

Without flash

Cons:
-The cap is hard to open. Be careful when you try to open it.
-I don’t know if my lips just been very dry lately or this lip butter is not hydrating enough for me. It is ok. I have tried other products that made my lips crack and super dry!  Well maybe for other people who don’t like sticky lip product that Revlon lip butter is perfect for you.
-I got mine for Rp 75.000,- ( about USD $ 8). It is quite expensive for me T_T  (I’m broke fresh graduate)

Conclusion:
Highly recommended!!! and I want to try another color!!! ‘Peach Parfait’, ‘Berry Smoothie’, ‘Creamsicle’, ‘Cotton Candy’ I want them all!!!!!! Maybe I persuade my mother to buy lip butters, If she buy it, then I’m going to borrow (well usually I borrow her things and forget to give all that back to her…she doesn’t mind though…)

Revlon Scented Nail Polish

 I bought these babies about two weeks ago when Watsons had promo buy two Revlon nail polishes get one free. So I got these :D

Raspberry Rapture, Gum Drop, Peach Smoothie

As a person who loves perfume and anything good smelling I just can’t resist this little gem. Usually nail polish smells really bad, strong alcohol or accetone.  and I made a mistake when I tried this for the first time. I smelled it from the bottle…Oh my Gosh…it smells horrible!!! Apparently you need to use it first on your nails. Slowly the scent just develops. I love these polish!!!

They are all smells different. So far my favorite scent (and color) is ‘Raspberry Rapture’. A fruity sweet scent with opaque creamy hot pink color. Perfect for summer, looks very cute on the toes.

Raspberry Rapture

This color is called ‘peach smoothie’ it is peachy nude with shimmer.
Peach Smoothie

This one is ‘gum drop’ a creamy sheer pale purple color, very pretty. However to achieve the color like in the picture, you need to use about 2 or 3 coats. If you just use one coat the polish is going to be very sheer .
Gum Drop

Conclusion, I love these nail polishes, really wants to try other colors :D

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think? Any other color you recommend to me? I love to hear your opinion :D

PS: Excuse my very amateur photograps. Also English is my second language. Don’t hesitate to correct my grammar. I’m willing to learn. Tell me on the comment below, email me, or tweet me @melisaberry