Monday, February 13, 2012

The Best and Worst Dressed at the 2012 Grammy Awards

Best

Rihanna in Giorgio Armani
Usually Rihanna is the type of person who would wear something dramatic, but this time she picks this simple black Armani gown that has a deep plunge, high slit, and low back. Understated but super sexy. I love it.


Taylor Swift in Zuhair Murad
Everyone keeps saying that Taylor always does the same girly look on the red carpet, but this time she chooses this avant-garde and attention grabbing gold Zuhair Murad gown. The high collar and the dragon embroidery shows us there is an Asian influence in this dress. She looks dazzling in it. 


Gwyneth Paltrow in Stella McCartney
Probably my favorite of the night. Gwyneth chose this interesting black cut-out dress. Fashion forward yet simple, the gold belt really pulls the look together.


Katy Perry in Elie Saab Couture
The texture, the silhouette, and the color are just lovely. Suits her body perfectly, I just don’t like her hair color. 


Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad
She looks glowing in this one shoulder mini Grecian inspired dress by Zuhair Murad. The black earrings and the black pumps really compliment the black ribbon on her shoulder. Sexy yet fun.


Paris Hilton in Basil Soda
This white dress is just divine, demure but interesting. The lace detail on the dress is beyond gorgeous.


Lily Aldridge in Gucci
A hot mommy to be looks chic in this floral Gucci dress. Feminine and understated.


Adele in Giorgio Armani
The stars of the night, she took 6 Grammys with her! well done Adele! I have to compliment her dress of course, this black sequins Armani number is classy, elegant, and sophisticated.


Malin Akerman in Cushnie Et Osch
The structured white dress is edgy yet simple. Plus look at those black snake skin  botties! Isn’t it amazing?


Alicia Keys in Alexandre Vauthier
Simple sheath black dress with futuristic shoulder. The gold thing (I suppose it is her necklace?) takes this look to another level. Unique and not boring.


Carrie Underwood in Gomez-Gracia
I believe lace is a very popular choice of fabric this season. Carrie Underwood pairs it with a simple accessory, good choice! The dress is already stealing the spotlight. Too much accessory would be over the top.


Jessie J in Julien Macdonald
Modern take on classy form fitting mermaid silhouette, she looks like a very pretty disco ball :D


Kelly Rowland in Alberta Ferretti
This dress fits her perfectly. Somehow the muted color really compliments her skin tone. She looks gleaming in it. The silver flower embroideries give this dress so much more interesting look. Bold embellishments on simple dress. I like it. 


Worst

Nicky Minaj in Versace
Versace is known for their beautiful and sensual designs, but this one? Oh my …why on earth Donatella created something like this? I just don’t get it. Is Nicky trying to be a little red riding hood or a nun who date a pope?! It just bad, really bad.


Lady Gaga in Versace
I don’t know what to say. Let Gaga be Gaga.


Fergie in Jean Paul Gaultier
First, I don’t like the color, second, I totally hate the peek a boo underwear. Everything just looks tacky. Sorry Fergie.


Corine Bailey Rae in Christian Siriano
Somehow there is something in this dress that reminds me of black swan, not a good black swan though. Add that messy hair and the look is complete disaster.


Snooki
Well, have you seen someone from Jersey Shore look nice for once?


Anne V
I know she’s gorgeous, blonde, tall, skinny, Victoria’s Secret model, dating Adam Levine, but why not leave something for imagination Anne?


Cyndi Lauper in Jean Paul Gaultier
Disheveled rock chic gone wrong.


Robyn
The ‘mullet’ dress is hideous. Sorry. And those shoes are worse.


So what do you think? Who is your favorite? Who is your least favorite? Do you agree with me? Or disagree? Tell me on the comment section below. 
PS: English is my second language. Don’t hesitate to correct my grammar I’m willing to learn. Tell me on the comment below, email me, or tweet me @melisaberry

Pictures courtesy of:
fabsugar.com
stylebistro.com